Each ml contains: Nitroxinil: 340 mg
Nitroxinil is a fasciolicide which is only active by injection. Nitroxinil is a substituted phenol that inhibits the phosphorylation in the cell mitochondria of worms and, consequently, blocks this channel of energy production. Nitroxinil is active against adult fluke (and 6-week-old worms at 2 time the normal dose). If given orally, reduction of the nitro group by microorganisms of the rumen causes losses of anthelminitic activity.
1. Flucare is indicated for the treatment of fascioliasis (infestations of mature and immature Fasciola hepatica) in cattle and sheep.
2. It is also effective, at the recommended dose rate, against adult and larval infestations of Haemonchus contortus in cattle and sheep and Haemonchus placei, Oesophagostomum radiatum and Bunostomum phlebotomum in cattle.
Target species: Ruminants (cattle and sheep)
Dosage & administration:
Cattle & Sheep:
Of active: 10 mg /kg B.Wt.
Acute fascioliosis: up to 15 mg/kg
Of product: 3 ml/100 Kg B.Wt. (1 ml/34 Kg B.Wt.)
Acute fascioliosis: 2 ml/45 Kg B.Wt. (1 ml/22.6 Kg B.Wt.)
Administer by subcutaneous injection.
Precautions & Warnings:
1. Do not use in Cattle & Sheep producing milk for human consumption.
2. Small swellings are occasionally observed at the injection site in cattle. These can be avoided by injecting the dose in two separate sites and massaging well to disperse the solution.
3. No systemic ill effects are to be expected when animals (including pregnant cows and ewes) are treated at normal dosage.
4. Ensure the injection does not enter subcutaneous muscle.
5. Ewes in advanced pregnancy should be handled and dosed carefully.
6. Estimate the weight of the sheep carefully and use injection equipment calibrated to accurately deliver the calculated dosage.
1. Hypersensitivity to the active ingredient.
2. Do not exceed stated dose (The maximum tolerated dose of nitroxynil is only four times the therapeutic dose).
1. Solution may stain wool if accidental spillage occurs.
2. Transient swelling at injection site in cattle.
Cattle & Sheep: Meat: 60 days.
Store at a temperature not exceeding 30ºC away from direct sunlight and keep out of reach of children
Shelf-life of the product before opening: 3 years that store at a temperature not exceeding 30ºC away from direct sunlight.
Shelf-life when the container is opened for the first time: 3 months that store at a temperature 30ºC
Pack: Cartoon box containing amber glass vials (Type II) of 10, 25, 30, 50, 100, 250 and 500 ml solution with chlorobutyl rubber stopper (Type I) and aluminum cap + insert leaflet.